Food Trucks and Breast Cancer Awareness Month
How food trucks/carts can show their support.
According to CDC figures, over 200,000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer and about 40,000 will die from this disease this year. Breast cancer is the second most common cancer in women, after non-melanoma skin cancer. Although progress has been made over the years and mortality is decreasing, the goal of Breast Cancer Awareness Month is to promote efforts toward more research and efforts to get women screened and treated earlier, particularly lower income women.
2011 marks the 26th anniversary of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. We at Mobile Cuisine Magazine have created a list of things you as a mobile vendor can do to help support this noble cause. Do your part and hop on the fundraising bandwagon to help in the fight.
- If you have a website or blog, join in on the Pink for October campaign.
- Use your daily special to promote a pink food item or a specialty menu item created specifically for cancer awareness and donate all or a portion of the proceeds to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
- If you sell pre-packaged goods, find food producers that are donating a portion of their sales to the cause. (Yoplait, Luna Bars, Odwalla’s Pink Poetry drink…)
- Use pink ribbons, graphics, on your trucks.
- Include something pink in your uniform policy.
- Find local fundraising events, contact their organizers, and bring your truck. A portion or all of your sales could be donated to the event’s organization.
The food tuck line-up is as follows:
- Chamos on Wheels
- Che Grill
- Cheese Steak Gourmet
- Chef on Wheels 1
- Coldstone Creamery
- Daddy’s Grill
- Divan Bakery
- Dog Eat Dog
- Guiseppe’s Italian Sausage
- Kona Ice
- Latin Burger
- Latin House Grill
- Marly’s Café
- Mexzican Gourmet
- Monster Burgers
- Mr. Good Stuff
- Ms. Cheezious
- Nacho Mama
- Perros Express
- Red Koi
- Slow Food
- Snow Caps
- Sugar Rush
- Sugar Yummy Mama
- The Red Truck
- Yellow Submarine
Help make a difference, be part of the movement.
How are you planning to participate in Breast Cancer Awareness Month?