An easy way to increase food truck sales numbers is through the presentation to your customers and the words you use. You know when you step up to a food truck or walk into a restaurant and reading the description of a menu item makes you drool? The dish you just have to order because of how great it sounds? That is exactly what you want to happen when someone walks up to your truck.
Make effective use of adjectives and enticing descriptions to explain each menu item, especially higher-priced items. Your description need to makes people’s mouths water at the thought of eating your food.
Include mouth-watering descriptions to describe everything from soups, appetizers and desserts, as ordering these items helps boost each customer’s check.
Increase Food Truck Sales Through Well Written Menu Descriptions
- Some may say, “It’s just coffee!” Instead try, “It’s hot, freshly brewed coffee.”
- You say “cheesecake.” Try this, “Our rich, creamy New York style cheesecake that’s topped with strawberry syrup.”
- You say it’s your “soup of the day.” You could say, “It’s our original homemade vegetable soup.”
Which is the way you or your service window staff present your menu offering? By adding descriptive words into your sales presentation, your customers will have a better picture of what you’re selling. And, if you do it right, they’ll end up ordering whatever you want them to order.
Words As Metaphors For Taste
Your menu can help increase food truck sales, more than anything else.
Here are a few tips:
- Be as specific as possible as you write the descriptions of food items. You have to convey tastes, smells, emotions and overall feeling while enjoying the food.
- Get the reader excited to learn more about the food item. You want to entice the reader to want the item immediately.
- It should seem that no other item on that menu can have an effect similar to the one particular item that you are reading about.
These are the keys to making your menu increase food truck sales even more so than any advertising.
Do you implement special words or phrases when describing your menu items to help you increase food truck sales? We’d love to hear some of your favorites. You can share them via email, Twitter or Facebook.