Candy Corn Fun Facts
The internet is full of fabulous facts about everything from current events to the history basket weaving. Because of this, as we research for our daily content on food trucks, food carts and street food, we stumble upon some items of knowledge that we just did not know. We have decided when these fun facts pop up, that we would share them with our readers in our section titled “Did You Know?”
For today’s Did You Know fun food facts we will look at Candy Corn.
The Facts: Candy Corn was created in 1880 by George Renninger of the now-defunct Wunderle Candy Company. Originally created to closely resemble a fresh whole kernel of corn, the treat has taken on a much brighter appearance since its debut.
- Originally, each tiny candy corn kernel was made by hand.
- Candy Corn once had the name “Chicken Feed” because of its similarity to real corn.
- The National Confectioner’s Association estimates that close to 20 million pounds of candy corn are sold each year.
- October 30th is National Candy Corn Day.
- It is believed that this day was chosen due to the fact that sales of the candy are typically the highest on the 30th.
Check out our recipe for homemade candy corn <here>
Candy Corn Facts We Missed
If so, please feel free to let us know in the comment section below. We always love to add to these lists. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
Reference: Wikipedia: Fun Facts about Candy Corn.