Chocolate Milk Fun Facts
The internet is full of fabulous facts about everything from current events to the history basket weaving. Because of this, as we research for our daily content on food trucks, food carts and street food, we stumble upon some items of knowledge that we just did not know. We have decided when these fun facts pop up, that we would share them with our readers in our section titled “Did You Know?”
For today’s Did You Know fun food facts we will look at Chocolate Milk.
- An Irish physician named Sir Hans Sloane is the inventor of chocolate milk.
- He brought back his chocolate milk recipe with him back to England from Jamaica, where it was manufactured and sold by apothecaries as medicine.
- September 27th National Chocolate Milk Day.
- Chocolate milk can boost calcium and vitamin D, which research shows is important for preserving cartilage and joint health.
- Research has found that cacao actually contains antibacterial agents that fight tooth decay. The problem is that the things that are added such as sugar and milk can still cause cavities.
- Drinking one large glass after you work out will boost muscle growth and speed recovery.
Chocolate Milk Facts We Missed
If so, please feel free to let us know in the comment section below. We always love to add to these lists. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
Reference: Wikipedia: Fun Facts about Chocolate Milk.