DYK: Fast Food
The internet is full of fabulous facts about everything from current events to the history basket weaving. Because of this, as we research for our daily content on food trucks, food carts and street food, we stumble upon some items of knowledge that we just did not know. We have decided when these fun facts pop up, that we would share them with our readers in our section titled “Did You Know?”
For today’s Did You Know fun food facts we will look at Fast Food.
The Facts: The 1st McDonald’s restaurant was created in 1948. Back then, their hamburger cost around 15 cents and became the restaurant’s main staple.
- Every month, 9 out of 10 American children visit a McDonald’s restaurant
- November 16th is National Fast Food Day
- French Fries are the most popular fast food in America
- Although McDonald’s made the drive thru public, it was Wendy’s who first thought of the idea around 1971.
- Drive-thrus led to installation of cup holders in vehicles
- There are over 300,000 fast food restaurants in the United States
- Coca-Cola and PepsiCo products are sold in all but one country. North Korea is the lone holdout.
- McDonald’s is the largest purchaser of beef, pork, and potatoes in the world.
- Kentucky fried chicken is the largest purchaser of chicken in the world.
- 96% of all Americans have visited McDonald’s at least once
- In 1952 Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) sold the first paper chicken bucket.
- Americans consume over 216 liters per person of soft drinks annually.