DYK: Root Beer
The internet is full of fabulous facts about everything from current events to the history basket weaving. Because of this, as we research for our daily content on food trucks, food carts and street food, we stumble upon some items of knowledge that we just did not know. We have decided when these fun facts pop up, that we would share them with our readers in our section titled “Did You Know?”
For today’s Did You Know fun beverage facts we will look at Root Beer.
The Facts: It is believed that American colonists were the first people to invent root beer although there are stories that Root beer was created by Charles Hires in the 1930′s.
- Root beer is made out of 16 Roots, and herbs.
- The most original ingredient was Sassafras. It comes in an alcoholic drink also.
- Root beer accounts for 3 percent of America’s Soft Drink Market.
- August 6th is National International Root Beer Day.
- The A and W in A&W stands for Alan and Wright.
- Roy Allen would team up with Frank Wright in 1922.
- A&W is the number one selling brand of root beer in America.