The internet is full of fabulous facts about everything from current events to the history basket weaving and prime rib fun facts. Because of this, as we research for our daily content on food trucks, food carts and street food, we stumble upon some items of knowledge that we just did not know.
We have decided when these fun facts pop up, that we would share them with our readers in our section titled “Did You Know?”
For today’s Did You Know we will look at Prime Rib fun facts.
Prime Rib Fun Facts: The prime rib is from the primal rib, the area behind the shoulder, but above the lower back. It is one of the eight primal cuts of beef and includes some of the most tender muscles on the entire animal. This cut can be comprised of 2 to 7 ribs and comes from ribs 6 through 12 on the animal.
- The prime rib offers a generous amount of marbling, which contributes to its juiciness and flavor.
- The “prime” in prime rib refers to the origin of the cut, not the USDA grade.
- April 27th is National Prime Rib Day.
- Dry-aging prime rib removes moisture from the beef, which intensifies the flavor.
- Prime rib is also known as the “standing rib roast” because it’s actually roasted in a standing position.
- A 6oz portion contains 500 calories, 36 grams of fat, 0 carbs and 42 grams of protein.
Prime Rib Fun Facts We Missed
Please feel free to let us know if we may have missed some prime rib fun facts in the comment section below. We always love to add to these lists. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
Reference: Wikipedia: Fun Facts about Beef Cuts
Find all of the National Food Holidays to spice up your food truck menu specials throughout the year.