Earlier this month we began polling our readers to help us determine their favorite dessert from a food truck. Our final poll had 5 desserts to select from:
- Coolhaus/NYC,LA,Austin, Miami – Mascarpone Fig (ice cream sandwich)
- Sugar Philly/Philadelphia – Salted Caramel French Macaroons
- Sweet Ride/Chicago – Red Velvet Sweetie Pie (whoopie pie)
- Twirl & Dip/San Francisco – Vanilla Cone dipped in Tcho Dark Chocolate, sprinkled w/ sea salt
- Wafels & Dinges – De Verdekke (Belgium ice cream sandwich)
After counting the nearly 1,000 votes Mobile Cuisine is proud to announce the 2012 Food Truck Dessert of the Year winner. Capturing 28% of the votes was the Whoopie Pie from Chicago based Sweet Ride. We would like to congratulate the crew from Sweet Ride and thank our readers for helping us with this poll. We will be providing a feature article on this truck as well as our readers favorite dessert later this week.
You can follow Sweet Ride on Twitter: @SweetRideChi