Branding Your Food Truck to Increase Name Recognition
We often receive emails from food truck owners asking what they can do to increase their truck name recognition. Of course, increasing name recognition is only one aspect of the branding puzzle, but an important one. It is particularly perplexing to a mobile food vendor that is well known in a certain market, but disappointed at the lack of carry over in name recognition upon entering areas outside of this city.
So, what can a food truck do to increase their name recognition? Here are a few ways you can begin branding your mobile food business and increase its name recognition.
1. Develop all collateral and image materials (web, stationery, logo, tagline, mission statement, cards, postcards, brochures, elevator pitch, newsletters, letters, bios, business description, etc.) to coincide with the brand and your message.
2. Develop a mission statement that shows your reason for being and the value you provide to your customers.
3. Develop a memorable tagline that expresses who you are and what your truck provides.
4. Make a matrix of all those you’d like to reach in the next year and the potential influencers on those people. Develop a timetable and calendar of outreach.
5. Regularly write and issue press releases to the media.
6. Regularly write and post press releases to your website.
7. Regularly write and post press releases directly onto the internet.
8. Regularly write articles and do all three of the above.
9. Regularly write and pitch feature story ideas to the media.
10. Diversify all marketing, PR and media to reach the new markets you want to reach.
11. Participate (attend, speak, host, present, show) in at least one national and local industry conference.
12. Create and issue an online or direct mail newsletter.
13. Participate and sponsor local charitable efforts; get your name in the program the charitable cause distributes; get your name in the press surrounding the event.
14. Develop a calendar of local parking locations.
15. Post your calendar of daily and event participation on your website.
16. Plan a media release before and after each event.
17. Update your website to be informational based so that search engines can find you, and customers can read in-depth material demonstrating your knowledge of the industry.
18. Add informational website content a minimum of four times per month.
Branding your company is key to influencing a memorable response in the minds of your chosen audience. It is not only the name recognition of your firm, but also the perceived value of your organization. Capture these twenty-five essential branding elements and begin to cement a positive branded image for your firm.