Your food truck’s brand is the mental image that sticks in the minds of your customers as well as the consumers in the markets your food truck operates in. We’ve stressed this in numerous articles over the years, but for good reason.
Food truck vendors need to look at their brands as the sum of everything they and their staff does that relates back to their mobile food businesses.
Ultimately, it’s the culmination of your actions, communications and how the public perceives your menu and the experience they receive while at your food truck.
Because of the importance of branding to every food truck on the streets today, we put together a short list of five questions to ask yourself. By answering these questions, you will be conducting a quick food truck brand audit.
5 Food Truck Brand Audit Questions:
- A huge convention is scheduled to come to one of the cities you operate in; did other food trucks get invited to serve the attendees? Did yours?
- If you asked your staff members to describe your food truck in 5 words, would each description sound similar, or would each one say something completely different?
- Do all of your food truck’s customer touch points (web site, menu, truck wrap, and social media) use the same style of graphics, colors and typefaces?
- Have you reached out to a local food blogger, or local news media to have lunch from your food truck in the last 6 months?
- If your food truck was accused of food poisoning one or more of your customers do you have a crisis action plan in place?
If you answered no to 4 or more of these questions, you’ve got some work to do to correct these answers. Each of these questions relates directly to the branding opportunities you have control of and if handled correctly will take your food truck’s brand to the next level.
Do you have additional questions you think would work well in a food truck brand audit? We’d love to hear them. Feel free to share them in the comment section below, Tweet us or share them on our Facebook page.