In honor of National Guacamole Day, we want to share this spectacular recipe. While it is based on a simple ingredient list, it is nuanced and full of layered flavor & depth.
4 Star Guacamole
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Yield: 3 cups
- 4 ripe Haas avocados
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 8 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, and small-diced
Cut the avocados in 1/2, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh out of their shells into a large bowl.
Immediately add the lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper and toss well.
Using a sharp knife, slice through the avocados in the bowl until they are finely diced.
Add the tomatoes.
Mix well and taste for salt and pepper.