The recipe we are sharing today comes from New York City via Schnitzel & Things, a mobile food truck operated by a former Wall Street investment banker.
Schnitzel & Things – Chicken Schnitzel
- 2 chicken cutlets, boneless and skinless (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup dry Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Flatten the chicken cutlets in between two pieces of saran wrap.
- In three separate shallow bowls, place the flour in one bowl, combine the egg and milk in the second bowl, and the breadcrumbs go into the last bowl.
- Coat the meat with the flour, then dip into milk/egg mixture and finally into the breadcrumbs.
- In a large skillet on high heat, fry the chicken schnitzel for approximately 1 minute per side.
Schnitzel & Things – New York City
VENDY ROOKIE OF THE YEAR 2009. VENDY FINALIST 2010. Serving delicious, fresh food on the go