Recipe: Chopped Summer Salad
To follow our earlier profile of Stephanie Morgan and her Seabirds vegan food truck from Orange County, CA we wanted to share with you a recipe of one of the vegan items that you may find one their truck.
Chopped Summer Salad
Serves up to 10
- 2 cucumbers, seeded and cut in cubes
- 3 ears of sweat corn, kernels removed
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half (you can use red or yellow tomatoes, or both for more color)
- 20 red grapes, cut in half
- 2 avocados, cut in cubes
- 5-10 mint leaves
- 5-10 basil leaves
- juice of one lemon (or lime)
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar
- pinch of kosher salt (optional)
- pinch of black pepper (optional)
In a large bowl combine cucumbers, corn kernels, tomatoes, grapes, avocado, mint and basil.
Squeeze in the lemon or lime juice.
Add salt, pepper, and agave. Toss and let chill.
We hope you try this recipe out at home and share your experience with the rest of our readers. The Seabirds Truck can normally be found around Irvine; or you can follow them on Twitter or their website.
Mobile Cuisine Magazine looks forward to continued coverage of Meatless Monday for our readers!