Recipe: Spanish Paella
The recipe we are sharing today comes from Slurp, a mobile food truck in Sante Fe, New Mexico that specializes in from-scratch soups and paella as well as bread that is made in the confines of their Airstream trailer.
Slurp Spanish Paella
- 4 cups cooked rice
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced
- 8 ounces Spanish chorizo, cubed
- 1 tablespoon (heaping) smoked paprika
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- Several strands of Spanish saffron
- 1 (14-ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin stripes lengthwise
- Flat leafy parsley for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook rice with garlic per package instructions.
In a large skillet or paella pan, sauté the onion and chorizo with the paprika. When the onion is softened, add the chicken and saffron, and cook until the chicken is fully cooked.
Add the cooked rice to the skillet gradually, tossing it to coat the pan with juices. Add the artichoke hearts and tomatoes, and mix to coat rice.
Evenly spread paella across pan; add peas and bell pepper stripes. Reduce heat to low, swirl olive oil across paella, and cover with foil to steam peas and peppers.
Salt and pepper to taste; serve, garnished with flat leafy parsley.
Yeild: 10-12 servings
Santa Fe’s ONLY Airstream eatery offering 3 from-scratch soups, trailermade bread, coffee, chai & beverages in eco take out containers weekdays from 7 to 3.
Santa Fe, NM, USA