To celebrate National Cookie Day we are sharing this delectable cookie recipe from Tacofino food truck from Vancouver, Canada.
Chocolate Diablo Cookies
Prep Time:20 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Yield: 12 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sifted cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, or more if you like it hot!
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed gingerjuice or fresh-grated ginger root
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the dry ingredients: Mix together the sifted flour, cocoa powder,baking soda, cinnamon and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in the chocolate chips.
For the wet ingredients: In another bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, white sugar, canola oil, eggs, ginger juice and vanilla.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. On a greased cookie sheet, press fist-size cookie dough balls out and sprinkle with rock salt and sugar. Bake the cookies for approximately 11 minutes or until the cookies start to crack. They should be nice and fudgy in the middle! This recipe should make 12 big cookies or many more small ones.