MORRISTOWN, TN - Mobile Cuisine’s Rookie Food Truck of the Year; Crazy Good Burgers will be out of commission, for some time, after it caught fire last Friday morning.
Image from citizentribune.com
The popular Morristown food truck was at the West Andrew Johnson Highway and Walters Drive intersection when an area around the grill burst into the flames. After unsuccessful attempts to douse the fire themselves, the Morristown Fire Department quickly descended upon the scene and managed to get the fire out in close to 15 minutes. No one was injured in the blaze.
The owners say they hope to be up and running again as soon as possible, but are asking for a little help in the rebuilding of their food truck’s kitchen.
They have started a project on Kickstarter.com to gather the $8,000 needed to rebuild their truck. You can watch their Kickstarter Video below.
This project will only be funded if at least $8,000 is pledged by Wednesday May 29, 11:03am EDT.
To find all of the details to this project follow this link to Kickstater.
Earlier this month we began polling our readers to help us determine their Rookie Food Truck of the Year. Our final poll had 18 first year food trucks to select from:
- Best French Fries – Lake Worth, FL
- Bloomy’s Roast Beef – Minneapolis, MN
- Caveman Truck – Indianapolis, IN
- Crazy Good Burgers – Morristown, TN
- Ice-Cubed – Chicago, IL
- JumBy’s JoiNt – Fort Wayne, IN
- King Creole – Burlington, NC
- Mei Mei Street Kitchen – Boston, MA
- Messy Giuseppe – St. Paul, MN
- Not So Fast Food – San Diego, CA
- Papa Dale’s Diner – Sacramento, CA
- Ravens Roost Coffee – Winston Salem, NC
- Seis Curbside – Tuscon, AZ
- Something Stuffed – Arlington, VA
- Sophie’s Gourmet Pierogis – Columbus, OH
- Tutta’s Pizza – Dallas, TX
- The Urban Oven – Los Angeles, CA
- Wandering Dago – Schenectady, NY
We had a fantastic turnout representing all part of the country, with a total exceeding 12,500 votes submitted through our poll and from emails. It was a close race between the top 5 trucks throughout the time the poll was running. The leads changed numerous times, and it wasn’t until we tallied and combined all of the votes that we actually knew who the 2012 winner was.
Mobile Cuisine is proud to announce the 2012 Rookie Food Truck of the Year winner. With just over 19% percent of the overall vote (just 0.4 percent votes over second place) Crazy Good Burgers from Morristown, TN has claimed the title.
The top 5 trucks receiving votes in this years contest were:
- Crazy Good Burgers – Morristown, TN (19.1%)
- Ice-Cubed – Chicago, IL (18.7%)
- Mei Mei Street Kitchen – Boston, MA (11.1%)
- Not So Fast Food – San Diego, CA (8.9%)
- Caveman Truck – Indianapolis, IN (7.8%)
We would like to congratulate the crew from Crazy Good Burgers and thank our readers for helping us with this poll. We will be providing a feature article on this truck soon.