Enhance Your Linkedin Profile
Your LinkedIn profile page is your personal home page to the business world. To enhance your profile, log into your LinkedIn account, click Profile, choose Edit from the top-left navigation menu that appears, then follow these tips:
- Create a customized URL.
- Add as many past employers as you have had so the most amount of former co-workers can find you.
- Make sure your professional headline emphasizes any keywords you want to use to promote yourself.
- Make your profile public and set it to Full View so your LinkedIn profile will show up in Web search results.
- Add links from your LinkedIn profile to Web sites you are trying to promote, like your blog, or company Web site.
- For Web site links that you add to your profile, select Other and rename each link to include meaningful keywords, so instead of it saying “My Blog” it would say “My Food Truck Blog.”
- Include all of your main e-mail addresses in your profile so people can connect with you. LinkedIn does not display your e-mail addresses to the public; they simply keep your e-mail addresses on file when someone tries to connect with you.
- Fill out the Summary field of your profile with all of your critical skills and important career-related keywords, and be sure to fill out the Skills section with your skill list as well.
- Add a professional photo to your profile.
- Add a link to your LinkedIn profile in your e-mail signature file.