Keep the Correct Items in Your Food Truck and Glovebox
While every food truck owner may need roadside assistance at one time on another, a little advanced planning can help minimize the aggravation or the downtime. Below is a checklist of items that you should carry in your glove box or tucked away in your food truck for emergencies.
- Owner’s manual
- Insurance card
- Vehicle Registration
- AAA (or other roadside assistance provider) phone number and account number
General Items for the truck:
- Spare tire (don’t forget to make sure it is properly inflated the next time you stop for gas)
- Tire jack and tire iron
- Tire Pressure Gauge
- Battery Operated Air Pump
- Flat Board (for those cases where the truck might get stuck in the mud)
- Cat Litter (helps with traction in winter conditions)
- Jumper cables
- Flashlight and spare Batteries
- First Aid Kit
- Fire Extinguisher
- Basic Tool Kit
This list is just a general list and can be expanded or revised if you live in an area with special seasonal conditions.
If you have any additional suggestions, please let us know in the comment section below.