This month you’ll be seeing pink pretty much everywhere you turn. October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and along with sporting the signature color “pink”… people are also working to raise awareness of this disease in many creative and, sometimes even elaborate, ways. But if you’d like to participate and are short on time or your creative juices are running low… here are some simple ways you can get your food truck involved.
Show Support For National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
According to CDC figures, over 200,000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer and about 40,000 will die from this disease this year. Breast cancer is the second most common cancer in women, after non-melanoma skin cancer. Although progress has been made over the years and mortality is decreasing, the goal of Breast Cancer Awareness Month is to promote efforts toward more research and efforts to get women screened and treated earlier, particularly lower income women.
We have created a list of things you as a mobile vendor can do to help support National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Do your part and hop on the fundraising bandwagon to help in the fight.
- If you have a website or blog, join in on the Pink for October campaign.
- Use your daily special to promote a pink food item or a specialty menu item created specifically for cancer awareness and donate all or a portion of the proceeds to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
- If you sell pre-packaged goods, find food producers that are donating a portion of their sales to the cause. (Yoplait, Luna Bars, Odwalla’s Pink Poetry drink…)
- Use pink ribbons, graphics, on your trucks.
- Include something pink in your uniform policy.
- Find local fundraising events, contact their organizers, and bring your truck. A portion or all of your sales could be donated to the event’s organization.