When you’re in an auto accident in your food truck, it can be easy to forget what information you need — you’re shaken up and rattled and in many cases wondering how the accident will affect your mobile food business. But for your insurance company and that of any other people involved, carry a copy of the following food truck insurance checklist in your glove compartment so that you get all the information you need to protect yourself and expedite your insurance claim to assure you are back on the road with your mobile bistro as quickly as possible.
Food Truck Insurance Checklist
- Date and time of accident
- Accident location (take photos if you have a cellphone with a camera)
- Name, address, phone number, and driver’s license number of the driver of the other vehicle
- Injuries (for each person)
- Name, address, and phone number of each witness
- Police department responding, including phone number
- Incident case number.
- Police officer’s name.
- Tickets issued (if any).
- Name, address, and phone number of each passenger in your vehicle.
- Same of each passenger in the other vehicle.
- Name, address, phone number, and driver’s license number of the owner of the other vehicle (if different from driver).
- The year, make, model, license plate number, and vehicle identification number (VIN) of the other vehicle.
- The insurance company, insurance agent (name and phone number), and policy number of the other vehicle’s driver.
- The insurance company, insurance agent (name and phone number), and policy number of the other vehicle’s owner (if different from driver).
The Bottom Line
The steps you take after a food truck accident can save lives, reduce injuries, help ensure quick settlement of your car insurance claim. It can also keep vendors out of trouble with the law. With that said, when you are stressed, it can be hard to remember what to do after an accident.
This checklist should guides you through the information you should have following an auto accident and in the days after.
We hope this food truck insurance checklist will help you in a time of need. If there are any additional items you feel are important but have been left off our list, please share them in the comment section below, Tweet us or share it on our Facebook page.