The recipe we are sharing today comes from The Cinnamon Snail Food Truck. The truck is owned by Adam Sobel and operates out of Hoboken, NJ and just recently made his way into New York City.
Cinnamon Snail – Coconut Star Anise Milk
- 1 young Thai coconut (meat and water)
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt (or regular sea salt)
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- 1 full star anise (7 or 8 seeds)
- 2½ cups water (or ice)
- Using a heavy cleaver, strike the top of the coconut three times, forming a triangle deep enough to puncture the woody hull. Remove the triangle and pour the coconut water into the blender. Remove any woody bits that may have come in with the liquid. Crack the coconut in half.
- Using a spoon, remove the coconut meat and rinse under running water to remove any bits of the hull that may still be attached. Add the cashews and all other ingredients—except the water (or ice)—to the blender.
- Let it sit for at least 15 minutes to an hour, so the cashews can soak. (Soaking the nuts makes them easier to blend.) Blend the contents at a high speed for 40 seconds. Add the remaining water or ice and continue blending for about 15 seconds.
The Cinnamon Snail
The Cinnamon Snail is the country’s most raunchy mobile Vegan Organic restaurant! Blasting supreme bliss & zany antics all over NYC, & dirty Jersey