This vegetarian recipe we are sharing today for Meatless Monday comes from Melissa’s Roasted Corn from Houston, Texas. This recipe gives you the option to cook the corn on the grill or cook it in a skillet.
- 6 ears corn, in their husks
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups crumbled or shredded cotij anejo a cheese
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- Soak the corn, in the husks, in water to cover for 30 minutes.
- If you are grilling the corn, set up a charcoal grill for direct grilling and preheat it to high.
- Remove the husks and corn silk from the corn and grill the ears on the grill or cook them in a dry cast iron skillet over high heat until the kernels just begin to turn brown, about 2 minutes per side, 8 minutes in all, turning with tongs.
- Slather the corn with the mayo roll it in the crumbled cheese and sprinkle it with the chili powder and salt to taste.
Yield: 6 servings