Let us start out with this fact: there is no magical formula or secret software package that can be added to a website for increased traffic and then keep it. With that said, there are some tips that can be used to get people to keep coming back to your site. A food truck’s website is only one of many tools that a mobile food business can use to keep an ongoing interest in what you are doing.
One of the best ways to keep the site fluid is to add a blog which needs to be updated on a regular basis. The blog will give your fans a reason to keep coming back, but this will only work if you learn how to blog about the things they want to read about and how to present this information.
5 Tips To Get Increased Traffic To Your Food Truck Website
- Entertain: Wit is the symptom of intelligence, and almost everyone likes a witty person. Who doesn’t like to be entertained with a few jokes? Using humor to express yourself is a great way to go about getting increased traffic to your food truck website.
- Stories: Most online blog followers love reading a story. From time to time, write a blog entry about something that has happened to you during your work day. Did something strange happen at the commissary, or did something funny happen during an interaction with a customer? Let your readers know about it. By sharing these stories, your readers will get to know a little more about who you are, and this connection will keep them interested in continuing to come back to your site to read more of your stories.
- Educate: Everyone likes to learn something new even if they feel they know it all. Your website attracts people who enjoy food and the food you serve. Share some of your personal insight into a particular food or ingredient you use. How you prepare it or some interesting fact about it that isn’t something everyone knows. Sharing these types of fun facts can have people coming back just to learn them.
- Video: Videos will assist your sites rankings on the many search engines people use to find information on the web. If you have a short video that you create showing how a home cook can attempt to make one of your menu items not only will you teach your readers a thing or two, but you may also find your food truck visits increase as well. Many home cooks will try and fail to match your cooking style and decide it is a better idea to just find the truck and try it from the professional.
- Inspiration: Everyone can do with a bit of inspiration every now and again. With your experiences in the culinary world in addition to the trials and tribulations you went through to get your food truck onto the streets, you have a wealth of information you can use to inspire your readers.
We hope these tips help you get increased traffic to your food truck website. In today’s information age, it is no longer acceptable to merely have a website with static information about your food truck, and although Twitter is a fantastic way to stay in touch with your followers, there are times that 140 characters just isn’t enough space to tell the whole story.