UTICA, NY – Utica Fire Department Assistant Chief George Clark said he does not believe his department has had any calls this summer related to reports of fires in food trucks.
Accidents, however, have happened in other areas. Ask Bill Morehouse.
Morehouse, Utica’s comptroller, said his nephew was caught in an explosion involving a can of cooking spray that occurred inside of a food truck attending the Aug. 26 Luke Bryan concert at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center.
Locally, members of the Utica Food Truck Association have worked extensively with Utica fire marshals to prevent fires from happening, said Ron Colangelo, the group’s vice president.
Colangelo, who also owns the food truck business Come Fry With Me, said while certain situations are unavoidable, many fires inside food trucks can be prevented by proper installation and maintenance of certain equipment — such as propane tanks — as well as cleaning on the go to prevent grease fires.
Find the entire article at timestelegram.com [here]