Sticky Bun Fun Facts
The internet is full of fabulous facts about everything from current events to the history basket weaving. Because of this, as we research for our daily content on food trucks, food carts and street food, we stumble upon some items of knowledge that we just did not know. We have decided when these fun facts pop up, that we would share them with our readers in our section titled “Did You Know?”
For today’s Did You Know fun facts we will look at the Sticky Bun.
The Facts: The sticky bun is also known as cinnamon rolls, are a delicious breakfast pastry made with leavened dough. Traditional recipes call for a glazed topping with pecans, maple syrup or honey, cinnamon, and butter.
- February 21st is National Sticky Bun Day.
- The first people to add honey and nuts to their bread were the Ancient Egyptians.
- German settlers in Pennsylvania created our modern-day sticky buns. The pastries were originally called “Schnecken” and are still considered a Philadelphia specialty.
- A Sticky Bun should always be made from yeast dough.
- Monkey bread is another known type of sticky buns. They have also been known to be called Philadelphia Sticky Buns.
- In the UK they make sticky buns with raisins and call them Chelsea Buns.
- If you are craving this delicious sticky delight, it might be a good idea to begin your day and end your day with one.
Sticky Bun Facts We Missed
Please feel free to let us know if we may have missed some in the comment section below. We always love to add to these lists. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
Reference: Wikipedia: Fun Facts about the Sticky Bun