SACRAMENTO, CA - Who says restaurant chefs and food truck owners have to be bitter enemies? Sure, the politics surrounding the local mobile food truck scene can be a little thick, given the difficulties thus far in making current city ordinances more food truck friendly – and even some infighting within food truck owners themselves. An upcoming food competition and battle just may be the “We Are the World” moment that’s much needed.
- Mike Thiemann – Ella Dining Room and Bar & Chando – Chando’s Tacos
- Billy Ngo – Kru & Davin Vculek – KrushBurger
- Andrew Blaskovich – Drewski’s Hot Rod Kitchen Pedro Depina – Ettore
- Oliver Ridgeway - Grange & Robert Ramos – Coast to Coast Sandwich
- Adam Pechal - Tuli Bistro and Restaurant Thir13en & Donell Hendrix – Simply Southern Foods
$45 includes 10 samples of delicious food (2 by each team), one beer and one coffee, and delicious holiday appetizers served by Whole Foods. Live music by Four Barrel and a few more surprises!
Proceeds will go to the California Fire Foundation (The California Fire Foundation organizes special funds to provide emergency assistance and support to families and kids of fallen firefighters) and the Toys for Tots Foundation ( The mission of Marine Toys for Tots Foundation is to assist the U. S. Marine Corps in providing a tangible sign of hope to economically disadvantaged children at Christmas)