Staying Competitive in the Mobile Food Industry
Running a food truck has its challenges; dealing with the competition is one of the biggest ones. Diners don’t have to step up to your mobile food business – they could always go to another food truck or head into a local restaurant. You need to remain mindful of this and do all you can to remain competitive. Here are some points to bear in mind:
- Play up your strengths and make them matter to your customers.
- Analyse your competition (mobile and brick and mortar), determine their deficiencies and exploit them.
- Close the gaps on your own deficiencies.
- Continually create new points of difference.
- Know your market, how your points of difference matter to them, and how to reach them.