You only get one chance to make a good first impression. And for many food trucks, the initial contact with a customer occurs online. Because of that, it is important to make a great online first impression. The big question is how?
Unfortunately, if something is missing or the information is inaccurate or inconsistent, you’ve just created a negative first impression. This could even lead to lost sales. Since 50% of all mobile searches are conducted in hopes of finding local businesses. According to a Google study, and 61% of those searches result in a purchase, you’ve got plenty of reason to make a great first impression.
Your business listing at Food Truck Reviews is a means to allow potential customers who are searching for you to find that information. So, if your business name, location, phone or hours of operation aren’t readily available, they’ll probably move on.
How To Make A Great Online First Impression
When it comes to how your food truck is perceived online, there are some basic things to remember. Each of these tactics applies across all online channels.
- Maintain An Up To Date Listing. An up to date business listings will notify search engines that your truck is real, and that will help improve your food truck’s search engine optimization.
- Add Visibility. You want your food truck to be as visible as possible, so by creating a listing at Food Truck Reviews is one more way to accomplish that.
- Direct them to your best attributes. In the course of your marketing your food truck you’ll need to emphasize your latest promotion, your next big offer, or even your free giveaway. The most efficient way to draw attention to this offer is to set it apart visually.
- Be yourself. The best food truck brands find a way to make you talk about them. They make themselves remarkable.
- Be Consistent. Make it easy for your site visitors to get acquainted with your food truck brand. Keep the styling and layouts consistent across your website and social channels.
- Inspire your existing customers to share their good experiences. If your friendly and knowledgeable staff consistently delivers great service and you serve great food, you will create a steady flow of customers. Why not gently ask one of these customers if they wouldn’t mind writing an online review?
People may search for your food truck because they want to leave a positive review. So, these reviews could persuade other potential customers to track your truck down as well.
The Bottom Line
There are unique obstacles to building a good online first impression. Namely, you’re not face-to-face with customers, and people can learn about you anywhere and at any time. When done properly, the Internet provide unique opportunities for you to reach a huge number of people. Making a great first impression, even if it’s online, provides you with opportunities to grow your business in ways you may not have imagined.
Take the time to claim or upload your online business listing at Food Truck Reviews. It will increase your visibility, and make it easier to create a great first impression for potential customers.