Every entrepreneur or food truck owner I have ever spoken with has had to come face to face with their fears. For that matter, I have had to face my fears as a small business owner myself. In today’s article I will share with you some of the techniques that I have learned from many successful business owners for facing fear and how to get past it.

7 Techniques For Facing Fear And Beating It

Stop the denial

The first step in facing fear is to stop denying your fear. They are there even if you don’t acknowledge them. They may take the form of that little voice in your head that tells you that you can’t do it. Fear is one of the biggest issues that has prevented many people from starting their own food truck.

Even though we typically have packed houses in our How To Start A Food Truck seminars, after following up 6 months later, maybe 5% of our attendees actually go out and apply the knowledge we teach to start their own food truck business. Most of the remaining 95% seem to have allowed fear to stop them in their tracks.

Believe in yourself

Focus your attention on being ready, willing, and prepared for success if you are willing to work hard and be open to it.

Visualize your desired result

When you find your wheels spinning about your worst case scenario, turn it around and focus on what you do want. Visualize yourself getting what you do want. And then visualize the result of getting past your problem in your mind, but make sure to also visualize how you will get to this goal. Take action and you will eventually produce the result to achieve your desired result.

Explain them to a trusted friend or mentor

Hopefully you have been able to find some level of support from at least one other food truck vendor in your area. If not, then you should have some kind of support network from your food truck team that you can talk to. Just make sure you don’t go looking for support to all those people who doubted you and told you it was crazy to go out and start your own food truck.

RELATED: Get Mentoring That Grows With Your Food Truck

Just do it

Sometimes just getting yourself moving forward will help the process get far enough that the fear goes away. An example would be neglecting to create a new menu item out of fear of it’s failure to sell. Just starting the process of writing down the ingredients could create enough momentum to get you to the finish line.

Never quit

One of the most common reasons that food trucks don’t succeed is lack of persistence. Often, just simply staying the course and working smart can enable a vendor to push through your biggest challenges.

Journal your past successes

As entrepreneurs we tend to beat ourselves up when we fail and fail to celebrate when we succeed. Strengthen your belief in yourself by reflecting on each and every success you’ve experienced. Write it all down. You’ll be inspired, motivated and amazed by your list and how and can be used in facing fear.

“Don’t fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have.” ~Unknown

The Bottom Line

Everyone is afraid of something. The only difference between you and the successful food truck vendors is that they are willing to work and move through their fears in order to get their mobile food business where they want it to be.

If you don’t learn how to face your fear it will take hold of your mind, body, and spirit. Once you understand how you can eliminate the fear, it shrinks and is no longer a threat to you or your food truck empire.

Share your experiences in facing fear and how you got past the fear to succeed on social media. Facebook | Twitter