Most food truck owners constantly feel starved for time, hurrying through the day while fighting countless distractions and struggling to stay focused. One way to remain calm and centered is by bringing rituals into your workday. Rituals are about paying attention. If you take a moment to notice what you are about to do, you remind yourself to appreciate and focus on the task, rather than rush through it.
For example, when you sit down at your office desk in the morning, or leave for your commercial kitchen. Take a deep breath and give thought to what you are about to do. You may find this focus helps you accomplish tasks more carefully and productively.
5 Rituals To Try Before Starting Your Food Truck Workday
- Run to the local coffee shop with a blank pad of paper. Drink a cup of coffee and “unload” anything on your mind onto the pad.
- Walk around the commercial kitchen; stop briefly to chat with employees or other food trucks owners you share the space with for a few minutes.
- Close office your door and read something “fun” for 15 minutes (ex. Mobile Cuisine)
- Close your office door and write a handwritten “thank-you” note or two to a customer.
- Close your office door and send out some tweets to friends.
By taking a short pause before your start your food truck workday, you’ll be reminded to appreciate and focus on what you’re about to do. And by elevating each activity, you’ll take it more seriously.You’ll get more pleasure from it.
This will lead to a better work environment and the ability of your team to produce better results.
That focus will help you accomplish your tasks more carefully, more proficiently, and more productively. Research shows that this kind of focus will make you and your team far more efficient.
Do you have have any rituals you follow before your food truck workday? We’d love to hear them. You can share your thoughts in the comment section below or on social media. Facebook | Twitter