If you already have a catering section for Frequently Asked Questions page (FAQs) on your food truck website then this article will only be a review for you. Now if you haven’t gotten to writing one yet, this article can be used as a guide.
Frequently Asked Questions Page
Your FAQs page should include the questions that you hear most often. You can even toss in a little humor into with your answers to keep prospective customers reading.
How a FAQ page helps your food truck
- FAQs will save you and your staff time, allowing them to do what you’ve hired them for…cooking, selling and giving them more time to reach out to prospective catering clients.
- They will increase your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) rankings. The more relevant words related to food truck catering in your area, the higher your food truck website site will be ranked by search engines.
- FAQs will save you from unnecessary phone calls and emails. Prospective clients can find answers to their own questions without having to call or email you.
- You keep a consistent message. If multiple people within your food truck organization handle catering requests, it’s important that everyone is on the same page. If you develop a list of answers for FAQs, you need to involve all of the members of your team that deal with the catering portion of your food truck business.
Common questions to include in the catering section of your Frequently Asked Questions Page:
- Are you going to be there on the day of the event?
- What happens if all of my guests can’t make it?
- What happens if more come?
- How much food do you make?
- Will my price go down if a take away one side or entree offering?
- What happens if it rains?
- Can I bring my own alcohol?
- Do you do a tasting before we book?
- What can you change to meet my budget?
- What services do you provide other than the food?
- Explain what does the service charge cover? Why do you charge tax?
- How many staff will work my event?
- Where is my food prepared?
- What will my place setting look like?
- Does your staff wear uniforms?
- What is your cancellation policy?
The Bottom Line
I’m sure you can add many more to this list, but this is a good start for any size food truck business that caters.
Have you already gone through the process of developing a Frequently Asked Questions Page for your food truck? Were you surprised at some of the questions you came up with to answer? Share your thoughts on this topic in the comment section, our food truck forum or on social media. Twitter | Facebook