Everyday is the perfect time to serve delicious, sizzling meals straight off the grill of your food truck. Meatless grilling is an easy way to share seasonal flavors from your food truck menu. Plus, the occasional vegetarian dish can help your customers incorporate more vitamin-packed vegetables into their diet and reduce the risk of certain chronic diseases.
It’s easy for your customers to remember to cut back on meat consumption when they start the week with a meatless meal. So fire up your food truck grill with the help of these 10 tips shared by Meatless Monday.
10 Tips For Using Your Food Truck Grill On Meatless Monday
- Kabobs are a BBQ staple that can easily go meatless. Add tofu cubes, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, roasted potatoes or any other vegetable that strikes your fancy.
- Many vegetables can be thrown right on the grill. Try fresh corn, asparagus, eggplant, zucchini, squash or bell peppers.
- You can also add fruit to the grill for a sweet side or dessert. Try peach halves, pineapples, melon, kiwi or figs with a touch of honey marinade.
- Swap your burger for a portobello mushroom or grilled eggplant slices. Put it on a bun and add interesting toppings like avocados, caramelized onions, roasted red peppers, or an olive spread.
- Try a veggie burger recipe that celebrates hearty ingredients like black beans, lentils, quinoa and chickpeas.
- All you need is pizza dough, the usual toppings and your favorite thinly sliced or pre-grilled vegetables to make a delicious, smoky pie right on the grill.
- Use your favorite marinade recipe to add flavor to extra firm tofu cubes. Grill them up and add them to a salad, serve with veggies, or their own.
- Try grilled vegetables to make a filling summer salad. Add a bit of fruit, feta or olive oil to complete the dish; or think beyond lettuce and concoct a bean or grain salad.
- Consider your sides when planning a meatless BBQ menu. Pasta salads, raw vegetables and hummus dip are great ways to turn your plant-based dishes into a full meal for customers following the Meatless Monday program.
- End their meal on a healthy note with a tray of fresh fruit, a parfait or homemade smoothies.
The Bottom Line
When you develop your menu, focus on providing your customers choices. Grilled vegetables not only provide you additional flavor, but allow you to offer vegetarian options. Consider cucumbers, red peppers, red onions, and tomatoes to a bit different, including edamame, beets, and bean sprouts.
Please do your part today and join the movement? Signing up is fast and easy! Mobile Cuisine looks forward to our continued sharing of Meatless Monday articles with our readers!