The internet is full of fabulous facts about everything from current events to the history basket weaving and breakfast fun facts. As we research for our daily content on food trucks, food carts and street food, we stumble upon some items of knowledge that we just did not know.
We have decided when these fun facts pop up, that we would share them with our readers in our section titled “Did You Know?”
For today’s Did You Know we will look at Breakfast Fun Facts:
Breakfast Fun Facts: Breakfast is the first meal of a day, most often eaten in the early morning before undertaking the day’s work.
- Among English speakers, “breakfast” can be used to refer to this meal or to refer to a meal composed of traditional breakfast foods (such as eggs, porridge and sausage) served at any time of day.
- The word literally refers to breaking the fasting period of the prior night.
- February is National Hot Breakfast Month.
- The average person sits down to breakfast at 7.31am during the week and 8.28 am at the weekend.
- The most popular place to eat breakfast is at home at the table, either alone or with other members of the household, followed by on the couch.
- The world’s first breakfast cereal was created in 1863 and needed soaking overnight to be chewable.
- McDonald’s created the Egg McMuffin in 1973.
- The world’s largest breakfast on record involved 27,854 people and took place in Germany on 29 May 2005.
- In the U.S. breakfast is the most frequently skipped meal. About 58% of Americans do not eat breakfast every day.
- Judd Nelson said “Eat my shorts” in John Hughes movie The Breakfast Club a full six years before Bart Simpson made it his catchphrase.
Breakfast Fun Facts We Missed
Feel free to let us know about any Breakfast Fun Facts we missed. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
Reference: Wikipedia article on Breakfast.
Find all of the National Food Holidays to spice up your food truck menu specials throughout the year.