The internet is full of fabulous facts about everything from current events to the history basket weaving and chocolate eclair fun facts. As we research for our daily content on food trucks, food carts and street food, we stumble upon some items of knowledge that we just did not know.
We have decided when these fun facts pop up, that we would share them with our readers in our section titled “Did You Know?”
For today’s Did You Know we will look at chocolate eclair fun facts.
Chocolate Eclair Fun Facts: An eclair is an oblong pastry made with choux dough filled with a vanilla cream and topped with chocolate icing.
- The dough of the chocolate eclair is the same as that used for profiterole, is typically piped into an oblong shape with a pastry bag and baked until it is crisp and hollow inside.
- The eclair originated during the nineteenth century in France where it was called “pain à la duchesse” until 1850.
- Eclair means “lightening” in French. Many people believe that eclairs got their name from the glistening sparkles from the frosting that resembles a lightning bolt.
- June 22nd is National Chocolate Eclair Day.
- Some pastry chains in the US and Canada market Long Johns as eclairs. Long Johns are not identical with eclairs, as Long Johns use doughnut pastry, which is yeast-risen or batter-derived, rather than choux dough, which is steam-puffed.
Chocolate Eclair Fun Facts We Missed
Let us know if we may have missed any chocolate eclair fun facts in the comment section below. If we can verify that the facts we will give the reader credit in the article.
Reference: Wikipedia: Fun Facts about Eclairs.
Find all of the National Food Holidays to spice up your food truck menu specials throughout the year.