The internet is full of fabulous facts about everything from current events to the history basket weaving and Cinnamon Roll Fun Facts. As we research for our daily content on food trucks, food carts and street food, we stumble upon some items of knowledge that we just did not know.
We have decided when these fun facts pop up, that we would share them with our readers in our section titled “Did You Know?”
For today’s Did You Know we will look at Cinnamon Roll Fun Facts.
Cinnamon Roll Fun Facts: A cinnamon roll (also cinnamon bun, cinnamon swirl, cinnamon Danish and cinnamon snail) is a sweet roll served commonly in Northern Europe and North America. In North America its common use is for breakfast. Its main ingredients are flour,cinnamon, sugar, and butter, which provide a robust and sweet flavor.
- April 10th is National Cinnamon Crescent Roll Day.
- In Sweden, the country of its presumed origin, the cinnamon roll takes the name of kanelbulle (literally: “cinnamon bun”), and October 4 has more recently started to be promoted as “kanelbullens dag” (Cinnamon Roll Day).
- Cinnamon rolls in Sweden are not as sweet and heavy as they are in the United States. In Sweden, the dough contains a hint of cardamom.
- Cinnamon dates back to 2,000 B.C., where it was imported from Egypt to China and was so highly prized that it was regarded as a gift fit for monarchs.
- Philadelphia-style cinnamon rolls date back to the 18th century. It contains honey, sugar, cinnamon and raisins.
Cinnamon Roll Fun Facts We Missed
Let us know if we may have missed any Cinnamon Roll Fun Facts in the comment section below. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
Reference: Wikipedia: Fun Facts about cinnamon rolls.
Find all of the National Food Holidays to spice up your food truck menu specials throughout the year.