The internet is full of fabulous facts about everything from current events to the history basket weaving and coconut water fun facts. As we research for our daily content on food trucks, food carts and street food, we stumble upon some items of knowledge that we just did not know.
We have decided when these fun facts pop up, that we would share them with our readers in our section titled “Did You Know?”.
For today’s Did You Know we will look at Coconut Water Fun Facts.
The Facts: Coconut water is the clear liquid inside young green coconuts (fruits of the coconut palm).
- Coconut water can be used (in emergencies) as a substitute for blood plasma.
- The reason for this is that coconut water (the water found in coconuts – not to be confused with coconut milk, which comes from the flesh of the coconut) is sterile and has an ideal pH level. Coconut water is liquid endosperm – it surrounds the embryo and provides nutrition.
- Coconut water has long been a popular drink in the tropical countries where it is available fresh, canned, or bottled.
- Coconut water has been shown to prevent and eliminate kidney stones, since it is high in potassium and magnesium.
- Compared to typical sports drinks, coconut water has fewer calories, less sodium, but higher amounts of potassium.
- Dubbed “Mother Nature’s sports drink” by marketers, the demand for coconut water in the United States is skyrocketing.
Coconut Water Fun Facts We Missed
Let us know if we may have missed any coconut water Fun Facts in the comment section below. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
Reference: Wikipedia: Fun Facts about coconut water.
Find all of the National Food Holidays to spice up your food truck menu specials throughout the year.