The internet is full of fabulous facts about everything from current events to the history basket weaving and creamsicle fun facts. As we research for our daily content on food trucks, food carts and street food, we stumble upon some items of knowledge that we just did not know.
We have decided when these fun facts pop up, that we would share them with our readers in our section titled “Did You Know?”
For today’s Did You Know we will look at Creamsicle Fun Facts.
Creamsicle Fun Facts: Creamsicle is a brand name for a different frozen dessert also owned by Unilever. Again on the same flat wooden stick, it is made as a single flat bar with a rounded end. The center is vanilla ice cream, covered by a layer of flavored ice.
- This frozen dessert was invented by Frank Eppperson in 1905, who was successful in his experiment of enclosing vanilla ice cream with a layer of frozen fruit juice when he was 11 years old. He called his invention the “Epsicle” which later became “popsicle”, “creamsicle” and even “dreamsicle”.
- Creamsicle flavors include orange, blue raspberry, lime, grape, cherry and blueberry.
- The Popsicle company offers three different types of Creamsicles: 100 calories bars, low-fat pops and sugar free pops
- August 14th is National Creamsicle Day.
- On June 22, 2005, Snapple tried to beat the existing Guinness Book of World Records entry of a 1997 Dutch 21-foot ice pop by attempting to erect a 25-foot ice pop in New York City. The 15.9 tons of frozen juice that had been brought from Edison, New Jersey in a freezer truck melted faster than expected, dashing hopes of a new record. Spectators fled to higher ground as firefighters hosed away the kiwi-strawberry-flavored mess.
- Although it’s officially a brand of frozen popsicle, the Creamsicle craze has touched every market — from cupcakes to cocktails.
Creamsicle Fun Facts We May Have Missed
If so, please feel free to let us know about the Creamsicle Fun Facts we missed. We always love to add to these lists. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
Reference: Wikipedia facts about Creamsicles.
Find all of the National Food Holidays to spice up your food truck menu specials throughout the year.