National food holidays have been around for decades. Unfortunately, most of them aren’t real holidays, but they sure are fun to celebrate. Then again, it’s always nice to have an extra excuse for enjoying certain foods. What makes a work day more fun than honoring everything from National Hamburger Day to National Cheese Souffle Day? We cover them all so you always know what food your food truck should be celebrating.
National Cheese Souffle Day Fun Facts
A soufflé is a lightly baked cake made with egg yolks and beaten egg whites combined with various other ingredients and served as a savory main dish or sweetened as a dessert.
- May 18th is National Cheese Souffle Day.
- The word soufflé is the past participle of the French verb souffler which means “to blow up” or more loosely “puff up”—an apt description of what happens to this combination of custard and egg whites.
- The first recipe for soufflé appeared in Vincent La Chapelle’s Le Cuisinier Moderne in 1742.
- The Guinness Book record soufflé in the Palestinian town of Nablus weighed 3,891 pounds, and was 243 feet long before it was consumed in ten minutes.
- The secret to a great soufflé is to beat the egg whites into stiff white peak consistency and to fold them carefully into the sauce to keep as much air in the mixture as possible.
How To Observe National Cheese Souffle Day
- Enjoy your version of a chocolate parfait today with your customers.
- Use #ChocolateParfaitDay on social media to share your love for this delicious food holiday. Facebook | Twitter
National Cheese Souffle Day Facts We Missed
Let us know if we missed any National Cheese Souffle Day fun facts on social media or via email. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
There is a National Food Holiday for almost every day of the year. Don’t miss a single one! Find all of the National Food Holidays to spice up your food truck menu specials throughout the year.
REFERENCE: Souffle Fun Facts