National food holidays have been around for decades. Unfortunately, most of them aren’t real holidays, but they sure are fun to celebrate. Then again, it’s always nice to have an extra excuse for enjoying certain foods. What makes a work day more fun than honoring everything from National Hamburger Day to National Chopstick Day? We cover them all so you always know what food your food truck should be celebrating.
National Chopstick Day Fun Facts
It is believed that these unique eating tools were developed about 3000 to 5000 years ago in China although the exact date of their creation is currently uncertain. It is also thought that the Chinese philosopher Confucius had a major influence on their development with his nonviolent teachings. His philosophy was that instruments such as knives, with the connection people make with them for war and violence, were not to be used at the dinner table.
- February 6th is National Chopstick Day.
- Using chopsticks involves over 30 joints and 50 muscles in the fingers, wrist, arm, shoulder as well as thousands of nerves.
- The Chinese use 45 billion chopsticks annually.
- 80 percent of chopsticks made in Japan are made in the little city of Obama, named like President Obama, population about 32,000.
- Silver chopsticks were used to test toxicity in food in ancient China because poison will make silver chopsticks turn black.
How To Observe National Chopstick Day
- Create an Asian themed menu item that ties into your food truck concept, then hand out chopsticks (branded would be even better) with each order.
- Use #NationalChopstickDay to post on social media. Facebook | Twitter
National Chopstick Day Facts We Missed
Let us know if we missed any chopstick fun facts in the comment section. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
There is a National Food Holiday for almost every day of the year. Don’t miss a single one! Find all of the National Food Holidays to spice up your food truck menu specials throughout the year.
REFERENCE: Chopstick Fun Facts