National food holidays have been around for decades. Unfortunately, most of them aren’t real holidays, but they sure are fun to celebrate. Then again, it’s always nice to have an extra excuse for enjoying certain foods. What makes a work day more fun than honoring everything from National hamburger day to National pecan cookie day?
We cover them all so you always know what food your food truck should be celebrating.
National Pecan Cookie Day Fun Facts
The pecan is a species of hickory native to Mexico and the south central and south eastern regions of the United States.
- September 21st is National pecan cookie day.
- Pecan is from the Algonquian word meaning a nut requiring a stone to crack.
- It would take 11,624 pecans, stacked end to end, to reach the top of the Empire State Building in New York City.
- The U.S. produces about 80 percent of the world’s pecan crop.
- Texas adopted the pecan tree as its state tree in 1919.
- Before a shelled pecan is ready to be sold, it must first be cleaned, sized, sterilized, cracked and finally, shelled.
How To Observe National Pecan Cookie Day
- Tap into your inner baker and whip together some butter pecan cookies. Cookies draw their names from various things, but the butter pecan is named after its contents.
- Use #NationalPecanCookieDay to post on social media. Facebook | Twitter
National Pecan Cookie Day Facts We Missed
Let us know if we missed any pecan cookie fun facts in the comment section. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
There is a National food holiday for almost every day of the year. Don’t miss a single one. Find all of the National Food Holidays to spice up your food truck menu specials throughout the year.