National food holidays have been around for decades. Unfortunately, most of them aren’t real holidays, but they sure are fun to celebrate. Then again, it’s always nice to have an extra excuse for enjoying certain foods. What makes a work day more fun than honoring everything from National Hamburger Day to National Sangria Day?
We cover them all so you always know what food your food truck should be celebrating.
National Sangria Day Fun Facts
Sangria is a wine punch typical of Spain and Portugal, which is also consumed in Argentina and Uruguay.
- December 20th is National Sangria Day.
- The name sangria comes from sangre, the Portuguese word for blood.
- Although sangria was originally made with Rioja wine, you can use just about any dry red wine. Other good choices include Beaujolais, Pinot Noir, and Sangiovese.
- Sangria was introduced to the United States when it was brought to the 1964 world’s fair in New York City.
- Mangria is a version of sangria created by comedian Adam Carolla. The recipe calls for 3 parts red wine, 1 part vodka, and 1 part orange juice.
How To Observe National Sangria Day
- Tap into your inner bartender. Whip together some fruit and wine and celebrate with some Sangria.
- Use #NationalSangriaDay to post on social media. Facebook | Twitter
National National Sangria Day Facts We Missed
Let us know if we missed any sangria fun facts in the comment section. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
There is a National Food Holiday for almost every day of the year. Don’t miss a single one! Find all of the National Food Holidays to spice up your food truck menu specials throughout the year.
RELATED: Why You Need Food Truck Menu Specials
REFERENCE: Sangria Fun Facts