National food holidays have been around for decades. Unfortunately, most of them aren’t real holidays, but they sure are fun to celebrate. Then again, it’s always nice to have an extra excuse for enjoying certain foods. What makes a work day more fun than honoring everything from National Hamburger Day to National Whipped Cream Day? We cover them all so you always know what food your food truck should be celebrating.
National Whipped Cream Day Fun Facts
Whipped cream is standard or heavy cream that has been beaten by a mixer, whisk, or fork until it is light and fluffy.
- January 5th is National Whipped Cream Day.
- Whipped cream has been around since the 16th century. It was included in recipes that date back to 1549 in Italy and 1604 in France.
- Cream must be below 50 degrees to whip, at 50 or above it churns into butter rather than whips.
- The world record for the tallest dollop of whipped cream on a mug of hot chocolate is 7 1/4 inches set by Melissa Arkin and Casey McLaughlin in 2011.
- Whipped cream is often sweetened and sometimes flavored with vanilla, and is often called Chantilly cream or crème Chantill.
How To Observe National Whipped Cream Day
- Tap into your inner baker and whip together some of your own divine whipped cream to enjoy.
- Use #NationalWhippedCreamDay to post on social media. Facebook | Twitter
National Whipped Cream Day Facts We Missed
Let us know if we missed any whipped cream fun facts in the comment section. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
There is a National Food Holiday for almost every day of the year. Don’t miss a single one! Find all of the National Food Holidays to spice up your food truck menu specials throughout the year.
REFERENCE: Whipped Cream Fun Facts