The internet is full of fabulous facts about everything from current events to the history basket weaving and parfait fun facts. As we research for our daily content on food trucks, food carts and street food, we stumble upon some items of knowledge that we just did not know.
We have decided when these fun facts pop up, that we would share them with our readers in our section titled “Did You Know?”
For today’s Did You Know we will look at Parfait fun facts.
Parfait Fun Facts: Parfait refers to a frozen dessert made from a base of sugar syrup, egg, and cream. A parfait contains enough fat, sugar, alcohol and/or to a lesser extent air to allow it to be made by stirring infrequently while freezing. This makes it possible to be created in home kitchens without specialist equipment.
The fat, sugar, alcohol or air interferes with the formation of water crystals, which would otherwise give the ice cream an uncomfortable texture in the mouth. The formation of ice crystals is managed in the making of regular ice cream by agitating the ice cream constantly while it freezes or chemically by adding glycerol.
- The American parfait, is made by layering parfait cream, ice cream, and/or flavored gelatins in a tall, clear glass. It is topped with whipped cream, fresh or canned fruit.
- Although parfaits were originally served on decorative plates, today they are typically layered in tall, thin glasses.
- Origin of PARFAIT: French, literally, something perfect, from parfait perfect, from Latin perfectus.
- May 1st is National Chocolate Parfait Day.
- November 25th is National parfait Day.
Parfait Fun Facts We Missed
Let us know if we may have missed any parfait fun facts in the comment section or our food truck forum. If we can verify the facts we will give the reader credit in the article.
Reference: Wikipedia: Fun Facts about Parfait
Plan your future food truck daily menu specials based on these food holidays.