The internet is full of fabulous facts about everything from current events to the history basket weaving and root beer fun facts. Because of this, as we research for our daily content on food trucks, food carts and street food, we stumble upon some items of knowledge that we just did not know.
We have decided when these fun facts pop up, that we would share them with our readers in our section titled “Did You Know?”
For today’s Did You Know we will look at Root Beer fun facts.
Root Beer Fun Facts: It is believed that American colonists were the first people to invent root beer although there are stories that Root beer was created by Charles Hires in the 1930’s.
- Root beer is made out of 16 Roots, and herbs.
- The most original ingredient was Sassafras. It comes in an alcoholic drink also.
- Root beer accounts for 3 percent of America’s Soft Drink Market.
- August 6th is National International Root Beer Float Day.
- In 1960 a key ingredient (the sassafras root) came to be known as a carcinogen and its use was banned by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- The A and W in A&W stands for Alan and Wright.
- Roy Allen would team up with Frank Wright in 1922.
- A&W is the number one selling brand of root beer in America.
Root Beer Fun Facts We Missed
If swe missed any root beer fun facts let us know in the comment section below. We always love to add to these lists. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
Try out our recipe for Root Beer BBQ Sauce
Reference: Wikipedia: Fun Facts about Root Beer.