Increasing Your Daily Food Truck Productivity

The daily grind of the mobile food industry keeps food truck owners in a demanding and distracting world. Because of this keeping productivity at a high level can sometimes feel like an impossible feat. Productivity is simply using your time in the best way possible so you have more time to enjoy life.

The key to increasing the productivity in your food truck is to understand what it is that distracts you from being productive and eliminating or at least minimizing them. Here are the top five workplace attention destroyers, according to a 2015 survey by CareerBuilder:

  1. Cell phones/texting
  2. Internet
  3. Gossip
  4. Social media
  5. Email

Today we share a few ways to get more productivity out of your day without burning out.

Increasing Your Daily Food Truck Productivity

  • Keep one to-do list. Include everything you want or need to do in one place. Writing it down helps get it off your mind and leaves you free to focus on the task at hand.
  • Do the most important thing first. Before you leave work in the evening, decide what one thing you need to accomplish the following day. Do it first thing in the morning, when you’re likely to have the most energy and fewest distractions.
  • Schedule time for non-urgent things. It’s easy to get caught up in the pressing issues of the day. Block off time in your calendar to do things that would otherwise get squeezed out.
  • Be part of the 20%. No matter how crazy your days get, make sure you set aside 90 minutes (20% of an eight-hour day) for the most important tasks in your food truck. Even if you squander the remaining 80% of the day, you can still make great progress if you have spent 90 minutes on your business goals or priorities.
  • Motivate your team. Energize staff by clearly defining expectations and routinely offering positive feedback. According to a recent study by Gallup, companies that engage their workforce see a 65% decrease in turnover, a 21% bump in productivity, and a 10% increase in customer ratings.

Productivity isn’t just about getting things done, it’s about being resourceful with your time. You can spend your entire day being busy and not get anything important done. Because of this, remember that productivity is about getting important things done.

How do you keep a high level of productivity in your food truck? Share your thoughts on this topic in the comment section below or on social media. Facebook | Twitter

2017-03-31T08:40:13+00:00 By |Features, Growth|

About the Author:

Richard is an architect by degree (Lawrence Technological University, Southfield, Michigan) who began his career in real estate development and architectural planning. In September of 2010 he created Mobile Cuisine Magazine to fill an information void he found when he began researching how to start a mobile hotdog cart in Chicago. Richard found that there was no central repository of mobile street food information anywhere on the internet, and with that, the idea for MCM was born.

Leave A Comment