MANCHESTER, TN – From June 13-16, 2013, 90,000+ people will gather for Bonnaroo in Manchester, Tennessee, 60 miles southeast of Nashville. Bonnaroo attendees will be livin’ high on the hog at this year’s festival, thanks in part to one of the food offerings that will be available.
The Fatback Collective — a growing group of chefs, restaurateurs and entrepreneurs whose group is named after the fatty cut of meat that comes from the top of a pig — will roast a whole hog each day. Festival-goers will also be able to hang with the pitmasters and glean valuable swine intel.
The food vendors at the “Food Truck Oasis” include:
- Eatbox (Asheville, North Carolina) a prize truck known for top-notch meatballs. Serving: Meatballs, Meatball Sandwich, Breakfast
- Gastropod (Miami, Florida), a gourmet food truck with fusion cooking and an emphasis on local, seasonal ingredients; Serving: Short Rib Sliders, Pulled Pork Sandy, Curry in a Hurry, White Corn Cake
- Petro’s Chili & Chips (Knoxville, Tennessee), loved for its original take on chili bowls, known as Petro Bowls; Serving: Petro Chili & Chips (regular, BBQ Chicken, Buffalo Chicken, Baja)
- Roti Rolls (Charleston, South Carolina), centered on creating seasonal fusion food that is Asian, Indian, Caribbean, Latin, and Southern inspired; Serving: Roti Rolls featuring locally-sourced meats, vegetables and cheeses
- Savory and Sweet (Knoxville, Tennessee), gourmet Southwestern cuisine; Serving: Specialty tacos (Jumpin Java, Fried Avocado, Cuban Picadillo),
- The Big Cheese (Arlington, Virginia), known for gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches made with all-natural, local ingredients; Serving: Gourmet Grilled Cheese (Midnight Moon, Full Vermonty, Lemon Fig, Caprese, Thrilled Cheese), Watermelon Feta Salad, Breakfast
- The Cracked Truck (Urbana, Illinois), a new twist on breakfast food; Serving: Gourmet Egg Sandwiches, tater tots
Find out more information about Bonnaroo <here>