The Washington State Food Truck Association started in April of 2015, as an advocacy organization to address regulatory issues and continue positive growth in this very popular industry.
By forming this association, all Washington mobile food vendors may speak with a unified voice to address concerns.
They plan to:
- Advocate on behalf of food trucks with state government for fair laws that reflect the changing realities of street vending, and to review codes, ordinances, regulations, and outdated rules across the state.
- Design and develop new ways to address issues that may arise within this ever growing industry.
- Promote community-oriented vending behavior to ensure food trucks are operating as good citizens.
- Serve as a resource of food truck vending to the public, new culinary entrepreneurs, state government, community organizations, and other mobile food truck owners.
Future Association Plans
- Annual Food Truck Lobby Day in Olympia
- Washington State Food Truck Association Scholarship.
- Annual East and West-side “Cook Off”
- Members Only section w/interactive forum
- Statewide annual member survey
- Washington State food locator app
- Develop/design food truck parks & courts
New members can join the association [here]. Annual association dues are $100 per year.