As we try to do with every mobile vendor we profile, today we have a follow up recipe for the article we shared with you about the Slow Food Truck out of Miami Beach, FL. The biggest issue we are starting to have with these recipes, is not being able to prepare them the day we receive them, they look far to good to have to wait until we have the chance to run to the grocery.
Braised short rib for Short Rib Sandwich
Bone in beef short rib
Fresh Cuban Bread
- Veal stock
- Red wine
- Coca cola
- Rice wine vinegar
- Fresh thyme
Method Of Preparation:
1. Season short rib with salt, pepper, Chinese five spice and cumin.
2. Sear well on all sides.
3. Then place in braising pan w/ braising liquid
4. Place in 325 F oven for 2-4 hours or until it falls apart.
5. Save braising liquid and reduce a third.
6. Pull short rib for sandwich.
7. Place healthy portion of short rib, arugula and crispy shallots on cuban bread with reduced braising liquid.
8. Serve and enjoy!!!!
We hope you are able to try to prepare this fine recipe, we would like to thank the Slow Food Truck for sharing this with the readers of Mobile Cuisine Magazine.