Unlike your brick and mortar competitors, your kitchen is mobile which has its fair share of advantages; however, it can also provide you with your own set of disadvantages. If you have been worried about the poor performance of your food truck lately, it is time to get it checked at a reliable auto repair services shop.
Auto repair services provide regular preventive maintenance which will provide a longer lifespan of any vehicle but especially your food truck when it could mean lost days of business if it breaks down. It is can be a big expense even when new, but with the increasing age of your mobile eatery its maintenance requirements will grow over time. You will have various options in your area but choosing one depends on the type of vehicle you selected to be the base of your business as well as the proximity of the repair shop to your location.
Truck repair is also dependent on seasons. For example during summer, the engine needs to be taken care of, especially since the hot weather will put more stress on it on your daily runs. Going in for a full service is a wise decision to make in such a situation to avoid any inconvenience during the business day. Every truck owner should also be aware of minor problems related to their vehicle which can be easily fixed by themselves whenever required.
It is always advisable to have an auto repair shop you trust when you own a truck. This is because one never knows when the need might arise.
Choosing The Right Auto Repair Services For Your Food Truck
Here are some valuable tips to help find reliable services.
- Ask For References. One of the best and most reliable options of finding auto repair services is asking friends and colleagues for references. If they have the experience of getting good service regularly, it can be a great option to choose.
- Find A Professional. The auto repair shop should have qualified professionals to carry out the repair and maintenance work with ease. A proof of high quality is the association of the repair shop with a NAPA Autocare, ASP or Parts Plus. This association ensures that the repair shop has undergone high scrutiny of service and also has satisfied customers.
- Look Around The Shop. The look and feel of a repair shop is also important. One can also take feedback from customers at the shop about the kind of service provided by the technicians and how satisfied they are.
- Find A Food Truck Specialist. Find out if the shop has technicians with certification like ASP, Delco or certification from manufacturers like Mercedes, Ford, and GM. This indicates how serious they are about their job and service provided. This also means that they are up-to-date with the latest technology which is actually a sign of excellence.
- Bigger Isn’t Always Better. Also, it is not necessary that a larger repair shop will be better than a smaller one. Always check for prices in every shop you research because prices are usually competitive in any area.
- Modern Technology. Look for state-of-the-art equipment in the repair shop. Without a well-equipped store, complete repair cannot be guaranteed. This becomes even more essential if you own the latest model of truck.
The Bottom Line
Maintenance and it services are very important for any food truck. Although they may be difficult to afford at times, they are priceless when it comes to maintaining the good health of your vehicle. It is very important to make the right choice. Do this so that at some time you do not have to close your kitchen because your truck cannot make it out of the commissary.
We hope this article will save some of you the headaches of having to deal with downtime because you did not keep up on your mobile kitchen’s maintenance.
Do you have any additional tips for choosing the right auto repair services for other food truck owners? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Share your thoughts on tis topic in the comment section, our food truck forum or social media. Facebook | Twitter