Pecan Torte Fun Facts
The internet is full of fabulous facts about everything from current events to the history basket weaving. Because of this, as we research for our daily content on food trucks, food carts and street food, we stumble upon some items of knowledge that we just did not know. We have decided when these fun facts pop up, that we would share them with our readers in our section titled “Did You Know?”
For today’s Did You Know fun facts we will look at Pecan Tortes.
- So what’s the difference between a torte and a cake? For starters, tortes are denser, shorter and wider than cakes, and often multi-layered.
- Tortes are also made without the leaveners we’re used to in baking, namely baking powder or soda. Instead, they get their airiness from whipped eggs that are light and fluffy.
- To confuse things a little, torte actually means “cake” in German and Hungarian.
- August 22nd is National Pecan Torte Day.
- Pecans are the state tree of Texas
Pecan Torte Facts We Missed
If so, please feel free to let us know in the comment section below. We always love to add to these lists. If we can verify that the facts is just that, a fact, we will give the reader credit in the article.
Reference: Wikipedia: Fun Facts about Pecan Tortes.